The always amazing North Korean Economy Watch blog had a piece on Google Earth files for North Korea.
The KMZ file is really impressive, containing agriculture, gulags, elite areas, mining, nuclear issues, schools, hospitals and tons more.
A x-chef reports Kim Jong-il enjoys live fish, specially prepared “so as not to puncture any of the vital organs, so of course it was still moving. Kim Jong-il was delighted.” reports the Telegraph.
I know the Japanese do this sometimes so, while it’s still sadistic and odd, Kim’s not being all that original.
Jong-un, born in 1983, is just 26 years old. He was educated in Switzerland so, maybe there’s a chance in hell of reform.
…and possibly don’t believe and are very hard to fact check.
- North Korea is one of the largest fresh fruit producers
- North Korea has a 99% literacy rate
- North Korea’s Kim Jong-il shoots 38 under par
- North Korea built a film industry through kidnapping (more on this here)
- North Korea’s long-time heir apparent is an Eric Clapton fan
Don’t miss the 14 part Vice Guide to North Korea.
A woman carries water she collected from the Yalu River in the North Korean city of Hyesan on April 6, 2009. (REUTERS/Reinhard Krause)- found on the Big Picture